Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chapter one- where it all began- part one


"It all started a year after I was born". "In January of 1967 to be exact. That's supposedly when I was beaten with a baseball bat. .... Well there's no supposedly about it that did happen. Anyone who doubts that just has to look at the base of my skull to see the holes where they drilled to drain the blood that was collecting so my brain would stop swelling. The part that is unknown and needs to be proven is who in the heck did it. And why? What in the world did a 1 1/2 year old baby do to warrant this treatment? To this day I still do not know, and before you say anything I did ask and got FIVE different stories, all by the same person, my mom. She worked hard at covering up her inadequacies as a mom. But don't take my word for it you decide.
The first time I asked I was probably in kindergarten or first grade. A bunch of kids I rode the bus with asked why I had yet another cast on my right leg. I told them I didn't know and went home to ask. I was told the "real" story would be too hard for them to understand so just tell them I was in an auto accident" my mother said trying to avoid the entire conversation "well what is the real story?" I asked
"You umm, fell off the couch during nap time." She said not really paying attention as i went back to playing. But when she wasn't looking I tried it and all I got was a headache. So far that’s two different stories to the same question. Ready for three? Years had passed before I asked again and got yet another story. are ya sitting down- The babysitter did it this time. She beat with me with a baseball bat because I was crying....
And last but certainly not least I was beaten with a baseball bat by the baby sitter because I wouldn’t eat my vegetables.
(kind of sounds like a clue game scenario huh?)
It gets better ….. stay tune for part two

2 comments:

  1. Wow, first of all, sharing stories such as these takes tremendous courage and faith. Thank you for being willing to share such difficult things. Second, how much anger you must have had at your mom, I am curious to know if she is still around, and either way, what your relationship with her was/is. You have been through so much, and I just pray that God will give you comfort peace and rest as you begin to share your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to say. I just feel like giving you a hug. HUGZZZZZZZZ

    ReplyDelete