Thursday, March 24, 2011

My reason for sharing with you

Introduction

Hi my name is Debra and I want to thank you for choosing to read my blog even after the warning.  Although the entries are not graphic they are of an adult nature. It is estimated that there are over a  million reported cases of child abuse every year. Sadly I was one of those cases, however I was one of those who were not reported. The more I looked at  the statistics  the more  I wondered how many cases of abuse like mine there were that aren't reported, leaving the child in question to suffer alone with no one to help? 


That is one reason I am writing this blog.  So those who read this and feel alone like I did, know they are not alone. Even though I am not in the same room I am with you mentally I know your pain and fear. I know how alone you must feel. I was there.  And if you find my page  and wish to comment you may do so anonymously.I will hear you.  Before you think this story isn't for you it is for anyone who has suffered abuse of any kind or for those you know who have suffered abuse- as you read  future entries  you will see the types of abuse I suffered from and am recovering from.

 If you have been here before I rearranged my entries because I am starting a bible study called  Hidden Joy in a dark corner by Wendy Blight. My story will be woven through the entries from this study. I hope you follow me as I emerge victorious on the other side of my  wilderness.

3 comments:

  1. Blessings D...'connecting with the soul'

    I read from the top down to here your beginning and I'm praying that you EMERGE VICTORIOUSLY from this wilderness and nightmare of abuse to the image that GOD wants as you progress and are healed through this journey with Wendy B and Melissa and the 3,000 women doing this online study of "Hidden JOY". May God reveal His amazing love and grace for YOU and may your victory be filled with JOY in knowing how special His love is for you and has set this time for you to be blessed and arise!
    Strength for the journey and much peace as you heal,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy for your comment and encouragement as I go through this study. I hope you will come back often and visit.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage for talking about it so openly. I have only told a few special friends, my therapists and the men in my life. My family doesn't know about it. No one else knows.

    ReplyDelete