Saturday, July 2, 2011

My stepping stones Ch 4 pt 3

Remembering that chapter in the previous post took me right back where I first told my mother about my grandfather and what he did to me. So many memories all swirling in my head. But as I think of them I remember times when God was apart of my memory during what I thought were odd times. He would show up in dreams or visions or through other people or even scriptures that I would read. Some how He would let me know I was never far from his thoughts. And as I look back I am comforted by it now.
In the last entry I said that “It was like God was in the background and because I was and am human I felt I had to do something to feel safe. But I also continued to wonder why this was happening to me. What had I done, and when would it end. Then during this study I came across Jeremiah 1 4-5
"The word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew (or chose)you,
before you were born I set you apart;  I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
The Amplified Bible (AMP) says
Then the word of the Lord came to me [Jeremiah], saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Then in Psalm 139:13-16 it says “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
OK so He set me apart, ordained my days, which means to make a person a Christian minister or priest by a special ceremony. And as a minister you must be taught.Right?

Then I wondered if my days were ordained, and he knew this was to happen, was I to use what happened to me as a teaching aide to show others what I had been through as I learned to trust and rely on my Father again?

Well at one point I did want to write my story to let others know they weren't alone. So is the fact that I'm now doing this study God's way of taking me to that next level not only for my healing but a way to equip me to help someone else- just like the little girl wanted to do way back when? I can live with that....

2 comments:

  1. "I can live with that...."

    I sensed a smile in there. :)

    I sure hope so, and I know there are women still on your path that God will interact with through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there lady, hope your weekend was good. Thank you for commenting, and yes there was a smile there.

    ReplyDelete