Friday, August 5, 2011

one step closer

Wow, it has been a while since I posted here - for that I am sorry I guess I  got lost in the  reading and healing  and occasionally  hiding.  But here I am emerging with the thoughts of  the last chapter.   Don't worry you wont miss  anything  be 5 and 11 because I will post my thoughts as I review my notes this weekend.

AS I finish reading this book it accord to me I am one step closer to finishing fully a study to my satisfaction – and I am NEVER EVER satisfied with a lot. But then no matter how many times I look over the book and study and re read learning what God wants and has in store for me will never end. I could add to what I have and see things I missed before and thats what getting to know who God is is all about and what my heart desires over everything in the world.

This is an accomplishment in itself - finishing something. Going from start to finish and finishing strong as I did, is one step closer to where I need to be. With my Father in Heaven. In Wendy's last chapter page 169 She makes the statement No drug no threrapy and no person regardless of how well trained or well intentioned can bring the full and complete healing that comes in the name of Jesus Christ.

I have tried several of these including other books that proclaim to help heal from the trauma of the not thinking I was I left Jesus out of my healing and as much as I hoped nothing seemed to work for long. But after starting this study and working through each chapter and talking with my sisters who were on this journey with me ,,, things began to change slowly. And things came to the surface that were well hidden. Now is the next step with Jesus at the center of everything.

I am looking forward to the next stage of my life and helping others along the same path I just came from. 

My next study  if you are interested in  following is on marriage and how I as a  Christian  wife  healing from abuse can be the wife God  had intended me to be   before I was even born. 

4 comments:

  1. I was molested as a teenager, by someone outside of my family. I never knew until recently how much it has effected my life, and still does. I am so happy to have connected with your blog. As an adult I have had a lot of mental and emotional abuse from boyfriends and roommates. It's only in the past year that this load has lifted from me and my healing has finally begun. I will go back and start reading your blog posts on here from the beginning and read some each day until I get them all read. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right now finishing the notes from the chapters and will be adding more soon - May God continue to be with you and comfort you through your life. I'm glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the final chapter yet, but my kids go back to school Thursday (YAY!) and I'm hoping to catch up then. I think what I love best about the book is that it's just useful teaching for most anyone who is struggling. Best wishes to you my bloggy friend! I am so glad you feel like you are progressing in your healing... we will find contentment in the Lord, the both of us, when we seek with all our heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, The next study I'm working on is one on marriage,I'll post those thoughts under connecting with the soul. Hope you stop by.

    ReplyDelete