Saturday, June 25, 2011

No longer powerless- Ch 4 pt 1

 Isaiah 40:29 (NLT)

“He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”

 

First I'm sorry its been a while since I posted anything here this study is hard at work healing as well as throwing monkey wrenches into the mix.. We are on Chapter 4 this week and are asked to answer the questions as well as take notes or high light anything that speaks to us. With some the whole chapter is high lighted for me since I am a perfectionist , I underline in pencil – in case I make a mistake – something I had feared all of my life-  and  still do because if I make a mistake I wont be loved, liked or considered important.  But on the flip side Mistakes did get you noticed. But then do you want to be remembered for some of the mistakes you did? I know I don't.



But it was the mistake that resulted in the evidence being lost in chapter 4 of Hj. Evidence that would put Wendy's rapist behind bars a mistake that would keep her wondering if she would ever find peace or be free again.


I'd like to think as a result of mistakes there have been some great inventions and changes that now help bring to justice those who have done such unspeakable crimes against the innocent.


But its in our powerlessness that God is waiting. To give us strength and courage to wake up one more day so we can step out into the world and hold our heads high knowing our avenger our protector is by our side. That one day we will be avenged with God's mighty sword.


For me feeling God's presence when I went through my abuse was hard because I was so busy moving and keeping busy that every time God zeroed in on me I moved. I covered up that small voice with a lot of loud sounds or action, because being still meant thinking about the present life I was living. The more I moved the more the thoughts of my present ( at that time) the actions of the abuser, and the continued memories could not narrow in and catch me. But in always moving and speaking and filling my head with noise to drown out the voices , memories and thoughts of abuse, I zoned out God's voice, strength and comfort.


The very thing I had longed for was right there all along, I just failed to see or hear it because I was too busy staying busy- afraid to be still and listen. All I can say now is Thank you Father for not giving up on your daughter,


 You didn't miss anything this morning  as I  was  having my morning coffee the above verses and post came to me and I  wanted to share them.   My thoughts on  chapter three  coming soon.



2 comments:

  1. I understand about trying to keep moving to avoid the voices and the pain of what was going on at the time! I did the same thing when I first started remembering the abuse. I did everything I could to block it out and not deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee Ann I'm surprised I have hearing left for the many times I wore ear phones to play loud music to drown out the sounds. Now to re record the messages that were played.

    ReplyDelete